ASSOCIAÇÃO BRASILEIRA DE ENERGIA EÓLICA – ABEEÓLICA
Valid from 10/11/2020
1. Preliminary Definitions
- ABEEólica or We: a non-profit institution that congregates and represents the wind energy industry in the country, including companies from the entire production chain;
- Controller: natural or legal person in charge of decisions regarding the processing of personal data;
- Personal Data: information related to the identified or identifiable natural person;
- Data Protection Officer: a collaborator appointed by ABEEólica who acts as a communication channel between ABEEólica, data subjects and authorities regarding personal data;
- Business Partners: any natural person or legal entity, of public or private nature, who assists and/or participates, in any way, in the activities performed by ABEEólica;
- Data Subject: natural person to whom the personal data being processed refer;
- International Data Transfer: any personal data processing activity that requires access to the data by an agent located abroad; or hosting of personal data abroad;
- Personal Data Treatment: any operation performed with personal data, such as those referring to collection, production, reception, classification, use, access, reproduction, transmission, distribution, processing, archiving, hosting, elimination, evaluation, control, modification, communication, transfer, dissemination or extraction;
- You or User: any person who interacts with us, whether through our websites, by participating in our events or by partnering in our activities.
2. General Provisions
- As we are always looking to improve our Services, this Policy may go through updates, aiming to provide more security, convenience and improve your experience. That is why we recommend that you access our Policy periodically, so that you are aware of any changes. To facilitate, we indicate at the beginning of the document the date of the last update. If any relevant changes are made, we will post this update for you to assess whether you agree with the new conditions.
3. How do we collect your personal data?
The collection of your personal data can occur by different means, being them:
3.1 Direct Collection
3.2 Collection through Business Partners
3.3 Automatic Collection via Cookies and Tracking Technologies
4. Personalization of personal data processing activities
Aiming always to meet your rights and interests, we will provide, whenever possible, options to customize our data processing activity, giving you the option to:
- Not providing personal data that are not essential for the fulfilment of our contractual obligations;
- Block cookies sent in connection with your use of our website;
- Cancel the hiring of our services; and/or
- Request other customization options directly with our Officer.
5. What personal data are collected and for what purpose?
- Contact details such as name, name of the company you represent, position you hold, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number;
- Information regarding your nationality, marital status and professional qualification, information regarding your personal identity documents and registration documents, such as CPF/MF, as well as other personal document data, when necessary to fulfill legal obligations;
- Bank details to make payments or collections;
- School and professional qualification data, if necessary for specific presentation in institutional events promoted by us.
As you may have noticed, the form and purpose of personal data processing activities vary according to the context for which your data was collected, and in any case the data will be processed in a transparent manner and exclusively for the purposes for which they are intended, with full compliance with the authorizing legal bases.
5.1 Children and Adolescents Data
We do not knowingly request, collect, process, store or share personal data from children and adolescents. In this sense, we recommend that access to our website (or other services) by minors is always carried out under the supervision of parents and/or guardians. If we verify the collection of any information from minors, we will remove their personal data from our records immediately. However, please note that we may collect personal data of children and adolescents directly from their parents and/or guardians who explicitly consent, in accordance with the rules of current legislation.
6. With whom do we share your personal data?
- Contractors, service providers and other third parties that we use to support our activities, and that are contractually bound to us;
- Our business partners, in the fulfillment of our contracts and agreements;
- With our associates, in the promotion of relationship among associates and between associates and institutions related to ABEEólica’s activities;
- An eventual buyer or other successor in case of sale or transfer of ABEEólica’s assets;
- Any government authority, in compliance with any judicial order, law, legal or administrative process;
- Institution of payment or financial means to process the purchase of a product or the acquisition of a service, as well as to make payments and/or tax collections arising from an employment relationship or service provision;
- Any person, if we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of ABEEólica or our partners or third parties.
7. How long will we retain your personal data?
We will store and maintain your information: (i) for the time required by law; (ii) until the end of the processing of personal data; (iii) for the time necessary to preserve the legitimate interest of ABEEólica; (iv) for the time necessary to safeguard the regular exercise of ABEEólica’s rights. In relation to item “ii”, the following situations must be understood as “end of data processing”:
- When the purpose for which the personal data of the data subject were collected is achieved and/or the personal data collected are no longer necessary or pertinent to the achievement of such purpose;
- When the data subject is entitled to request the termination of processing and the elimination of his personal data and does so; and
- When there is a legal determination in this regard.
8. International Transfer of Personal Data
ABEEólica may transfer your personal data to partners and/or service providers located abroad, including cloud service providers. If your personal data be transferred abroad, ABEEólica will take appropriate measures to ensure adequate protection of your personal data in accordance with the requirements of applicable data protection legislation, including entering into appropriate data transfer contracts with third parties for your personal data when necessary.
9. Security of Stored Data
Your privacy is very important to us. In this sense, ABEEólica has invested in the implementation of security systems and technical procedures – physical and managerial – usually adopted by the market to protect your data. However, although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal data transmitted to us. Therefore, it is imperative that you are aware of the inherent risk of any personal data processing activity.
10. The exercise of your rights
You may contact us directly to exercise any of your rights guaranteed by law, such as access, confirmation of the existence of a personal data processing activity, correction, rectification, portability or execution of any personal data you have provided us with. To do so, simply send a message to our DPO, whose data you can find at the end of this document. In case your request is not possible, due to legal determination or business secrecy, our DPO will contact you directly to clarify the situation. Please note that if you request the elimination of your personal data, we may keep a copy stored in our files, in cases required by law.
11. How to contact us
In case of any questions regarding the way we treat your personal data or for questions and requests you can contact our Data Protection Officer, Dr. Silene Casella Salgado, through the e-mail email@example.com, who will always try to assist you as soon as possible.
São Paulo, November/2020